Toggle menu

The support we must give you by law

By law, we must provide you with the following:

  • a personal advisor (PA), who will offer you advice and support
  • suitable accommodation and financial support if you leave care before your 18th birthday
  • a pathway plan which must be regularly reviewed with you

You can ask for support from your PA up to the age of 25, regardless of whether you are in education or training or not.

There are also times when you may need extra support and this may be due to:

  • being a young parent
  • having a disability or special educational need
  • being an unaccompanied asylum-seeking child with an ongoing asylum claim
  • being in custody or in contact with probation or youth offending services
  • going through a difficult time


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon