Toggle menu

Your personal advisor

Once you turn 18, you will no longer have a social worker and your personal advisor (PA) will become your main worker and continue working with you until the age of 25, regardless of whether you are in education or training or not.

A PA will be identified for you after you become 16, so you can build a relationship before they become your allocated worker.

Your PA is there to help you to prepare to live independently and be successful at this. They can offer you advice, guidance and support after you leave care. PAs will talk with you about the support that you may need and will write this support and how it will be offered to you in your Pathway Plan.

The amount of support that you receive from them will depend on your needs and what you want from them.

We will try and keep the same PA allocated to you, however this can sometimes be difficult and you may wish to request a change in your worker.

The relationship between you and your PA is important; make the most of them, treat them with respect and keep in touch.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon